ads
International-News

Suspect killed after opening fire on Secret Service agents outside White House

zira-fb
zira-twitter
zira-whatsapp
zira-viber
zira-fb
zira-twitter
zira-whatsapp
zira-telegram
zira-viber
It’s now more than four hours since an armed suspect pulled a weapon from his bag and opened fire on Secret Service agents stationed outside the White House, but there is still a heavy police presence here.

A large cordon is blocking off the streets leading to the presidents official residence, with numerous police vehicles parked in the road. Dozens of journalists and news crews are gathered along the edges of the cordon. BBC reported

I spoke to two armed police officers who told me the streets will likely remain closed overnight as authorities process what happened.

The rest of the city seems to be functioning as normal, with people enjoying their Saturday night in restaurants and bars just a couple of blocks away.

The deceased suspect in the shooting outside the White House has been identified as 21-year-old Nasire Best, a person familiar with the investigation has told BBC's US media partner CBS.

The source said that the suspect had already been arrested by the US Secret Service in July 2025 after he tried to gain entry to the White House, and he was sent to a psychiatric ward for mental health issues in the aftermath.

0%
0%
0%
0%
Comments